In this particular article, I will tell you how to make different kinds of Indian sweet cakes.
1) Gram Flour Cake
- Heat the little oil in a non stick pan on medium flame, add gram flour and roast it till a nice aroma starts coming.
- In a big bowl, add 1 cup of oil with roasted gram flour, mix well and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat the water in a pan on low flame, add sugar and boil it.
- Keep it boiling till it remains 1/3rd of the original quantity.
- Now add the gram flour and oil mixture to this sugar syrup.
- Now add one cup of oil in intervals to avoid the drying of mixture and mix it properly.
- Keep stirring continuously.
- Remove mixture from flame and pour in a well greased dish.
- Press the top cover lightly.
- Garnish with cashew nut.
- Keep in a freezer for 1-2 hours and allow this to cool.
- Cut this into square or diamond shape or desired shape.
2) Figs Cake
- Soak figs for few hours.
- Drain them and keep aside for 2-3 hour.
- In a grinder, add soaked figs and make a smooth puree.
- Heat the oil in a pan on low flame, add figs, condensed milk and sugar, stir continuously.
- Fry it till to make it a soft lump.
- Add cardamom powder and chopped pistachios, mix well.
- Remove from the flame and pour it in a well greased dish.
- Press the top cover lightly and garnish it with grated coconut and almond.
- Keep in a freezer for 1-2 hours and allow it to cool.
- Cut into square or diamond shape or any desired shape.
3) Milk Cake
Instructions for making cottage cheese:
- Boil the milk in a pan on medium flame, when it starts boiling, add lemon juice.
- When curd starts separating from the water, turn off the gas.
- Once the cottage cheese has separated from the water, drain the water using a strainer.
- Wrap the cottage cheese in a muslin cloth and squeeze extra water.
For making milk cake:
- Boil the milk in a frying pan on medium flame till it becomes just half of the original quantity.
- Add the cottage cheese in the milk and mix well.
- Cook it till the mixture becomes thick and make a soft dough.
- Add the sugar and cook it till the mixture become soft.
- Remove from flame and pour it in a well greased dish.
- Press the top cover lightly and garnish with almonds.
- Keep in a freezer for 1-2 hour and allow to cool.
- Cut into square or diamond shape or desired shape.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Ashish_KS